THINK! The Head Injury Network for Kiwis is a charitable organisation that provides advocacy, support and information to people who have sustained a head injured, their families/whanau and carers throughout Waikato.
THINK!’s goal is to increase the awareness and prevention of Head Injury throughout Waikato. To achieve this goal, we will be forming relationships with other community groups, schools, sport groups, NZ Police and businesses, ensuring people are aware of the impact a head injury has on the injured person’s life, their family, friends, workplace and the general community.
THINK! has two full time staff members and a number of volunteers.
THINK! provides the following:
- Advocacy on behalf of clients with ACC, Work and Income, Housing NZ, Probation, Correction Services, medical consultations and assessments, court and other social services;
- On-going client and family support;
- Provision of relevant information including quarterly newsletters;
- Awareness and prevention through regular expos, displays, events and presentations;
- Support group meetings;
- ‘Living with a Brain Injury’ seminars;
- Head Injury Awareness month in June;
- Community Educational Sessions in collaboration with Healthcare Rehabilitation Ltd;
- Workshops for clients, families and carers;
THINK! Staff Members
The Head Injury Society Waikato Inc (established in the Waikato in 1987), started trading as
THINK! – The Head Injury Network for Kiwis from 1st June 2012.